Advising and Course Work Related Topics
- Who teaches courses in my interests?
- What courses should I take based on my interest?
- Am I prepared for the courses I'm interested in taking?
- What is a good workload in college?
- How do I find out the workload in a course?
- How did you come to your area of study?
Graduate School Related Topics
- Should I go to grad school?
- Do I have a chance to succeed in grad school?
- When is the best time to go to grad school?
- Should I sign up for the integrated BS/MS?
- Differences between MS and Ph.D?
- What jobs are available to MS & Ph.D grads?
- Resources are available to help me apply?
- Who do I ask for letters of recommendation?
Career Plan Related Topics
- Should I take job A or B based on my interest?
- What do you know about company A?
- How do I get an internship at company A?
- What is the daily work like in job A?
- Does job A require any certifications?
- What did you learn from your internships?
- What should I include/emphasize on my resume?
BS/MS/PhD Research Related Topics
- How do I find a faculty advisor?
- What are examples of current topics?
- What institutions are leaders in that topic?
- What faculty members are working on those research topics?
- What research topics is the student pursuing or interested in?
- How do I align my graduate degree with my research interests?